Thursday, April 8, 2010

Research Proposal (OPT OUT)

For my research project I decided it would be wise to research something in my field of interest. I looked around the net for volunteer organizations and I found one that stuck out like a sore thumb. YCSRT or Yavapai County Search and Rescue. Sounds awesome! From just looking at their website they have posted I learned a lot of juicy facts and FYI. A long with that I also found out my anatomy teacher is the assistant manager of the organization! Yes super awesome and a plus. I scored an interview and now I get to write on something I will actually enjoy researching.
As for the organization, of course it is non profit, all volunteers. Donations are accepted obviously. The tasks set out by the organization; simply search and rescue individuals reported missing on an excursion or leisure jog exclusively in Yavapai County. It is estimated about 1000 people every year go missing in Yavapai County making it quite a busy job for the group of volunteers. They operate 24/7 and are dispatched along with Yavapai County sheriff’s office who works in a joint effort to rescue the lost and help the injured.
The volunteers who make up this task force are highly trained and state certified in their line of work. Aside from the sheriff and his deputies, the task force consists of; tracking, backcountry, mounted, scuba, search dog, quad unit, 4x4, and southern YCSRT. As stated before, the YCSRT is funded only on donations and not by funding of the state. If one was to go about applying to join the task force, they would have to contact the sheriff’s office volunteer services. Their # can be found on their website at http://www.ycsrt.org/ or by email. I think that writing this paper will be fun and exciting to learn about a new facet of the same Field of my interest of medicine and health care. YCSRT essentially the mobile hospital/ rescue team to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment